These Sneaky Habits Can Cause Acne By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
What gives? You’re way past high school but your skin is still stuck in adolescence. Grrrr! It’s enough to make even the most patient person lose their cool.
Acne-prone people are born with four to five times more skin cells than the average person. They also produce more oil (like you didn’t know that, right?) If you’re doing everything you know to do to keep acne at bay, but are still fighting it, here are a few factors that contribute to this pesky problem:
Makeup with the artificial colors FD & C. It can cause breakouts around your mouth and cheeks. Lanolin, mineral oil, petroleum, Isopropyl Myristate and artificial fragrance all irritate your acne-prone skin.
Over-drying your face. This actually causes your skin to produce more oil, and you definitely don’t want that! Keep skin hydrated. We can show you how.
Physical Pressure. Constant cell phone use, resting your hand on your face, and so on, not only exposes your skin to bacteria, but forces the bacteria into your skin.
Stress. It’s not enough that stress causes premature aging but it also increases the hormone that causes acne. Work out, go for a walk, or whatever it takes to get your emotions settled down.
Laundry. Change out your pillowcase twice a week. Make sure that towel you use to dry your face hasn’t seen a week’s worth of activity.
Diet. No, it’s not conclusive that what you eat shows up on your skin, but it makes sense. Get rid of processed foods! Opt for a healthier diet.
Make us a partner in your lifestyle changes with our professional skincare treatments. Together we can get you the skin you want and deserve!
These Sneaky Habits Can Cause Acne – Call Us On 01494 865005
5 Tips For Getting The Perfect Spray Tan! By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Getting ready to get your spray tan on? Fabulous! We love it when our clients treasure their skin as much as we do.
To help you get the most natural looking tan ever, we’ve got 5 easy tips for you. Follow these and we promise you’ll be the envy of all your friends.
Lightly exfoliate your body for three days prior. This will get off all the old skin and allow your tan to easily penetrate newer skin for a smooth look.
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Give your skin plenty of moisture prior to the spray tan application. This will allow even saturation of the product. Results? Beautiful and longer lasting!
If you shave your legs, do it the night before your appointment. Shaving right after your tan can shorten the life of it. Same goes for waxing; do it a day or two before your session.
Skip perfume, deodorant, or body sprays. Don’t wear anything that could be a barrier resulting in stains or spots.
Wear loose dark clothing. On the day of the spray tan, make sure to wear old clothing, preferably dark. The spray tan will come off on your clothes. It wouldn’t hurt to wear old pajamas to bed that night, either.
Remember, you don’t want to get near water for 8 hours after the application to allow the tan to set.
You’re all set! Now see if your friends can guess which beach you’ve just been to!
5 Tips For Getting The Perfect Spray Tan! – Call Us On 01494 865005
Do’s & Don’ts of Getting A Brazilian By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Got questions about getting a Brazilian? Great! We’ve got answers. Here’s our list of what to do before and after your Brazilian wax.
Before Your Brazilian:
• DO let the hair grow ¼ to ½ an inch—no longer! This is the ideal length for less pain and a quicker wax session.
• DO help prevent ingrown hairs by gently exfoliating the area several days before your appointment.
• DO be very clean. Make sure you shower the day of your wax to help prevent infection. You’ll feel more comfortable and so will your wax technician.
• DO take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen a half-hour beforehand, if you’re very sensitive.
• DON’T schedule your appointment for about a week before or during your period, you’ll be much more sensitive, causing more pain.
• DON’T apply any creams or lotions before your wax. You’ll get better results if your skin is dry.
After your Brazilian:
• DO soothe the area with cool compresses once you get home.
• DO wash the area twice daily if you are prone to developing red bumps or ingrown hairs. Apply an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream for a few days after your wax.
• If you develop bumps, DON’T ever pick or squeeze them! This could lead to scarring. DO apply hydrocortisone and benzoyl peroxide gel, pads or wash (all available in your pharmacy without a prescription).
• DON’T wear tight underwear or clothing in synthetic materials to prevent irritation. It’s best to stick to natural fabrics that breathe.
Do’s & Don’ts of Getting A Brazilian – Call Us On 01494 865005
Surprising Ways To Tame Combination Skin By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Ask anybody with combination skin, it can be a nightmare! With both oily and dry conditions, you really have to treat both for your skin to be happy. That’s not as hard as it sounds, thankfully.
Your skin can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, such as the T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin). Many people have this type. It may need slightly different care in different areas.
Combination skin can have:
- Pores that look larger than normal, because they’re more open
- Shiny skin
Our skincare products are designed for all skin types. And that means we can effectively treat combination skin without a lot of hassle. Set up a skin consult and share with us your challenges. We’ll tailor a home care program just for you.
Also consider these tips for taming combination skin. You might find them surprising. Be sure to bring your questions with you to your consult:
• Exfoliate regularly. This will reduce oil production, clear pores and remove drier, flaky skin. And your make-up will perform better, too! But how much exfoliating do you need? Once we see your skin and its condition, we can guide you there.
• Use a toner. And no, we aren’t talking Sea Breeze or benzoyl peroxide. These products strip your skin. Go with a toner that has real science behind it like our line. Our toners have anti-inflammatory agents, vitamin C and soothing ingredients that nourish and balance combination skin.
• Embrace oils. Surprised? Your skin is composed of oil and its constantly seeking to balance oil production properly. Using “oil free” products just encourage your skin to rush in and make more, as well as blemishes and breakouts. Use a high end oil which has vitamin E and essential fatty acids on the drier areas of your skin. Again, we can counsel you further on this.
• Use an all natural mineral make-up line. This will keep the dry and oily parts of your skin in harmony.
Be patient. It may take three months for changes to occur. However, we have other treatments that can cut that waiting period down dramatically. Be sure to ask us about them!
Surprising Ways To Tame Combination Skin – Call Us On 01494 865005
Is Your Skin The Same Age As You? By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
No woman wants to look her age. And certainly no woman wants to look older than her age, but sometimes it happens.
It’s frustrating, isn’t it? Of course genetics is a major influence, but even so, you can combat those pesky genes your ancestors gave you.
How? It all starts with pH. We’re not going to get technical, we promise. So here’s the bottom line. When the pH of your skin is faulty it can create premature aging. That means your face can feel tight and dry, like you never cleaned it, or worse, you develop acne.
Either way, your skin is too alkaline. That means:
• It can be drier and more brittle
• Your skin is more susceptible to sun damage because the barrier has been weakened
• You develop more fine lines and crow’s feet (British Journal of Dermatology)
• Your skin can become oilier
When skin is too alkaline, it takes 14 hours for it to return to normal. Unfortunately, you’ve already re-applied the offending products so the damage never gets repaired.
What can you do? Even if you think your skincare is fine, but you’re not happy with your looks, allow us to give you a professional skin analysis. And no, we’re not talking about the department store kind of “analysis.”
This is the real deal. One of our highly trained aestheticians talks to you about your lifestyle, your current regimen, and any medical conditions you may have. (Some medical conditions and medications can cause skin challenges.)
Then she will look beneath the surface of your skin to get a complete picture, discussing with you what she finds and recommending the right products for your skin type.
And the best part? You’ll feel a difference almost immediately, with visible results appearing within a week. We guarantee it! There’s no need to look your age or older. Schedule your complimentary consult today!
Is Your Skin The Same Age As You? – Call Us On 01494 865005
The “Gimmick” That Shocked A Scientist! By Oasis Health & Beauty Spa – Call Us On 01494 865005
Don Verhulst, MD has studied and practiced the use of natural alternatives and the effects of nutrition for over 20 years. His philosophy is to provide nutritionally valuable, concentrated good foods for the skin and body.
When Dr. Don heard about Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy he was highly skeptical of its true abilities. As a scientist, he saw it as a nothing more than a ”gimmick.”
That is, until he tried it himself. In one 60-minute session he lost 2 ¼ inches on the various areas of his body and 1 inch on his abdomen. The doctor was floored!
That’s when he began to research the wrap’s ingredients. Here’s what he found:
• This highly unusual wrap provides the ability to feed your skin nutrients needed for natural skin renewal. (You look younger)
• It allows cell turnover to occur uninterrupted, enhancing and speeding up the process (You look younger and more toned)
• The ingredients keep toxins from entering your body while removing existing toxins (You feel more energetic)
• It targets fat cells of inflamed fatty tissue, breaking them down, decreasing inflammation and increasing detoxification (You slim down and feel healthier)
• You have less cellulite, less fine lines and wrinkles and less saggy skin (You love how you look)
Dr. Don had to admit that his tape measure “didn’t lie.” And yours won’t either! Enjoy renewed confidence in your contoured body as well as more energy with Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy.
The “Gimmick” That Shocked A Scientist! – Call Us On 01494 865005
For the last few decades, scientists have been preaching to us to wear sunscreen to look younger.
New studies show: they were wrong! And we were stunned. Here’s what we learned about the latest evidence regarding sun damage.
An SPF isn’t enough to protect you from sun damage. Yes, they block UVA and UVB rays, but those rays only account for 7% of solar energy.
Now for the really interesting part:
New research finds that infrared radiation, which makes up 54% of solar energy, also causes aging AND may be worse than UV rays!
It seems that infrared radiation penetrates deeper than UV rays, producing those nasty free radicals that not only age you but also wreck your skin.
So do you give up sunscreen? No way! We’ve always told you how important an antioxidant serum is to your overall skin care.
Now science is backing us up. In fact, wearing an antioxidant serum that has a combination of vitamins C, E, and ferulic acid, a naturally occurring antioxidant and sunscreen, is more important than sunscreen!
This antioxidant cocktail provides the missing link in preventing free radicals from robbing your skin of health and youth.
Wear the antioxidant serum under your sunscreen. Just make sure your sunscreen contains zinc and titanium dioxide, not Avobenzone and Octinoxate, which promote wrinkles!
Call Us On 01494 865005
What Your Tension Spots Are Trying To Tell You By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Stress affects each of us differently. For some, it’s high blood pressure, chronic back pain, or migraines. For others, it’s neck and shoulder pain, stiffness, tightness, or adrenal fatigue.
Stress has so many faces that you may not instantly recognize your tension spot as a result of it. But here’s the interesting part. Researchers estimate that 80% of disease is stress-related.
The reason? We work too much and play too little. When we can’t experience a deep sense of contentment in life, the lack of it is going to show up elsewhere, usually as health problems.
That’s why massage is so beneficial. It works on many different levels to heal both physical and emotional pain. And that wobbly-let-me-just-space-out-for-about-an-hour feeling you get after a massage?
Well, that’s the therapy working on your Central Nervous System to re-program your response to stress and pain. In other words, it’s breaking the old cycle of pain and stress.
Massage lets you experience deep contentment—and that’s the one key ingredient for good health and business success. Yet, we experience it so little.
Those tension spots you keep rubbing and wishing would go away are asking for relief. Just like you are.
Massage gives you back your happy face, releases your body from old patterns of stress and pain, and puts more life in your life.
What Your Tension Spots Are Trying To Tell You – Call Us On 01494 865005
How To Treat Tight, Dry Facial Skin By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
It feels awful, doesn’t it? Tight, dry facial skin is not only uncomfortable, but it’s actually visible!
Known as dehydrated skin, that tight, dry feeling looks dull. Make-up doesn’t perform nearly as well and can accentuate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You may think of dehydrated skin as a winter problem, but the sun can wreak just as much havoc.
What can you do? Monthly facials work the lymphatic system to remove toxins, stimulate circulation and allow for deeper product penetration. They are the foundation from which all other products and services work.
For your home care, make sure to add a serum for dehydrated skin.
Because your skin is lacking water, it needs a boost of water-attracting molecules like naturally occurring hyaluronic acid.
We can help you there. For your moisturizer, it’s important to understand that thicker is not necessarily more effective.
Moisturizers laden with petroleum and mineral oil simply clog the skin, promoting more dryness and wrinkles.
If your skin is tight and dry, it’s asking for help! Set up a skin consult and we’ll get you and your skin talking nice to each other in no time.
How To Treat Tight, Dry Facial Skin – Call Us On 01494 865005
How To Give Your Skin Youthful Energy By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Your skin had more energy when you were younger, more elasticity, vibrancy and glow. But as you age, sun damage, smoking and diet all wreak havoc causing you to lose that youthful glow.
Then Mother Nature starts banging on your door telling you it’s time to pay the piper. The nerve! So now you’ve got a double whammy. Does that mean your youthful glow and facial energy are gone forever? Far from it!
With Intense Pulsed Light, or IPL, you can safely and gently bring it back by creating NEW collagen and connective tissue. Yes, even after the first treatment your skin will be smoother!
Say goodbye to:
– Brown spots
– Broken capillaries
– Redness of the skin (erythema)
– Even rosacea!
IPL tackles both the effects of natural aging and the premature aging practices of our youth. What a deal!
How To Give Your Skin Youthful Energy – Call Us On 01494 865005