Habits that Sabotage the Skin
Skin saboteurs…. There are three common habits that can wreak havoc on your skin. Let’s see what they are and what you can do about them.
Keeping outdated cosmetics – If you can’t remember the last time you used it, it’s probably been longer than three months.
Throw them away! Outdated products are bacteria-breeding farm. Everyone wants to save money, but you might end up spending more if your skin starts having problems. Mark the date on the container when you buy it. Better to be safe than sorry!
DIY Facials – We’ve all done this at one point or another, squeezing a zit, peeling off a scab, or picking a pimple until it bleeds. When you do this, you’re injuring your skin, which can lead to scarring.
Try to resist the temptation and let us handle these problems with the greatest of care.
Sleeping with your make-up on. You’ve been warned against this time and time again. Why? Because this bad habit not only ages your skin up to four days in one night, but it also creates a breeding ground for bacteria. That means blackheads and pimples.
If you think you can’t wash your face before hitting the hay, wipe your face with a pre-moistened towelette to remove the day’s make-up and grime.
These three skin saboteurs are really more about lifestyle choices. They’re easy to slip into, but with little effort, just as easy to slip out of.
Call Us On 01494 865005
It’s frustrating and embarrassing, and it can often feel like oily skin has the upper hand. Don’t let it!
If you’re using potent skincare for oily skin, you already know that oily skin doesn’t have to rule your life.
But what happens when you’re following a treatment protocol and you’re not seeing a big change?
Then it’s time to look a bit deeper. Certainly heredity and hormones play a large part in the over-production of oil. But there are some other “hidden” factors that can definitely contribute to increased oiliness.
And unlike heredity you can control these!
1. Consider your diet. If you’re eating a lot of junk food, processed foods, and soda, your body has nothing to work with! Even the slightest deficiency in vitamin B2 can cause oily skin. Eat proteins, leafy green vegetables and fresh fruits instead.
2. Cosmetics. Use cosmetics specifically designed for oily skin. We can help you there. They must be oil-free. Keep your makeup brushes clean. Dirty brushes are a bacterial breeding ground!
3. Is Your Skin Too Clean? Multiple washings of your face can strip it of its natural oils, leaving it tight and dry. Your skin then rushes in creating even more oil, and the cycle starts all over again. Wash your skin twice a day. Blot when necessary.
4. Moisturize before you apply makeup. This step is often skipped but it’s important! Make sure it’s an oil-free moisturizer. Support your skin’s ability to produce more water, which you need.
5. Don’t smoke. If you smoke, stop! You already know that smoking is horrible for your body. Did you know that it also enlarges pores?
6. Exercise! It boosts circulation, encourages blood flow, detoxifies and nourishes your skin.
Take care of your skin from the inside out. Add regular facials and you’ll be amazed at the difference.
Give your skin a fighting chance with healthy habits!
Sources: www.1stholistic.com, www.lovetoknow.com
Call Us On 01494 865005