1. How does IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) help my rosacea symptoms? Intense Pulsed light uses a specialized light that closes down the blood vessels and capillaries that cause flushing, dramatically reducing redness.
2. Will the IPL affect normal healthy skin? IPL does not have any affect on surrounding healthy skin. The light energy is absorbed by the dilated vessels and capillaries causing them to shut down.
3. How many treatments do I need? Generally 3-6 sessions are needed. Some tiny areas close during the first treatment. Larger areas as well as skin flushing decrease gradually over 5 weeks. This is a far gentler way to treat rosacea. It’s also the reason IPL has become the preferred method.
4. Why do I need more than one treatment? It’s impossible to equally cover and close all of the affected areas in just one treatment. That’s why sessions are scheduled approximately 5 weeks apart.
5. Is Intense Pulsed Light the same as laser? IPL was developed from laser technology. However, laser uses a solid beam of light. IPL uses hundreds of wavelengths, or colors, in each burst of light, not just one wavelength. Filters are used that can work in a similar manner to laser, but IPL is not a traditional laser treatment.
6. What is an IPL treatment like? They are very quick, simple, and relatively painless. You will wear protective eye shields. Then a gel will be placed on your skin. This is to increase your comfort and improve the effectiveness of the IPL treatment. During the treatment, you will feel a small snap as the flash touches your skin, but it’s tolerable. After the treatment, cold packs will be placed on your skin for comfort. Your face may look pink for an hour or so, but there will be no bruising.
7. How long do treatment sessions last? It all depends on the area to be treated. Generally, speaking 30-90 minutes.
8. Can I return to work? Yes. Your skin may still look a bit pink, but it will return to normal in a few hours.
9. What skincare products are best for rosacea clients? Avoid Retin A. This is too harsh for this skin type. Vitamin C serums are soothing and have anti-inflammatory properties that are extremely helpful. All skincare products must be calming and soothing. Many dermatologists recommend facials to further minimize the symptoms of rosacea. Talk to our aesthetician about your specific needs.
10. Will I ever need more than one round of treatments? Most likely, you will need a touch up treatment once a year to keep the rosacea to a minimum.
Call Us On 01494 865005
You Too Can Have Beautiful, Luxurious Skin
If you think only the rich and famous can have gorgeous skin, you’re wrong. Intense Pulsed Light can give you the skin you’ve always dreamed of.
IPL therapy rejuvenates, restores and smoothes out uneven skin tone, reducing or eliminating a great number of age-related problems.
With IPL, the light marches right past your epidermis which is the outer layer of your skin. Then, it gently heats the cells of your dermis, the deeper layer of your skin. The different wavelengths of light go after its target like age-spots or broken capillaries.
While the heat is repairing the damage, it’s also commanding your skin to produce new collagen and connective tissue. So the down time is practically non-existent!
Extremely cost-effective, IPL is not invasive, can make a dramatic difference in your skin and how you think of yourself.
Call Us On 01494 865005
How Does IPL Hair Removal Work? By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
What’s it really like to remove that pesky hair with IPL? Well, here’s the lowdown.
Before treatment, you should not wax, epilate, pluck, or bleach the area for at least 6 weeks prior to treatment. These treatments remove the hair root, and you don’t want that.
Do shave at least 1-2 days prior to your session. Shaving allows the IPL wavelengths to target the hair follicle and not waste any energy on the hair above the skin’s surface.
IPL light is absorbed by the hair pigment, effectively destroying the hair shaft. The best results with IPL are seen with dark, coarse hair and light skin tones. With this color contrast, the IPL wavelengths “see” the dark pigment and destroy it.
How can you tell if the treatment is successful? Sometimes, but not always, the hair color can become charcoal black and expand in size. Or, you may see a ring around each follicle a few minutes after the treatment.
These are all good signs that the heat was sufficient for killing the hair root. However, this is not always seen!
A cooling gel is used to make the treatment more comfortable. Sessions are generally quick. An upper lip takes just a minute, while underarms take about 5 minutes, and bikini areas take 10 minutes or so. For back, chest, and legs, it usually takes about an hour.
The really interesting part happens somewhere between 1-3 weeks after treatment. It will look like the hair is growing back! It isn’t, of course; the heat from the IPL wavelengths kill hair roots.
But those unwanted hairs remain in the skin. It’s not unusual for them to become attached to your epidermis. Then, as your epidermis renews itself, turning over new skin, the hair emerges and falls out. (We suggest a celebration.)
You can also exfoliate the area to speed up the process. Once the hair has shed, you will experience a hair free period for several weeks. When new hair grows in, it’s time for another session. For most people, that’s between 8-12 weeks.
Most clients see up to 90% permanent hair reduction in 3-5 sessions! Cost-effective and quick with only minor discomfort, IPL eliminates a lifetime of unwanted hair.
How Does IPL Hair Removal Work? – Call Us On 01494 865005
Are You A Candidate
For IPL Hair Removal?
By Beauty Salon Great Missenden
Call Us On 01494 865005
Are You A Candidate For IPL Hair Removal? By Beauty Salon Great Missenden – Call Us On 01494 865005
Considering IPL hair removal? If so, there are a few things to know about this highly effective treatment.
The very best candidates are those with dark, coarse hair and light skin.
Why? Dark, coarse hair has a lot of pigment and can absorb a great deal of heat. If the surrounding skin is lighter than the hair color, the light energy concentrates on the dark hair, destroying the hair shaft.
For blonde, red, and gray hair types, we’ll need to pluck a hair to see if there is enough melanin near the root to get good results. Then, we’ll do a patch test.
Typically, though, electrolysis tends to be a better match for these hair types, providing the area to cover is small.
IPL affects hair in its active phase. That’s why multiple treatments are needed to disable each batch of hair as it enters the anagen, or active, phase.
With satisfying results like these, you’ll be glad to know that 6-12 sessions generally give you the results you want.
So, how much time and money do you want to spend fighting your hair’s active growth phase?
If the answer makes you groan, consider the alternative: 6-12 sessions for permanent hair reduction.
A lifetime or 6-12 sessions…when you’re ready, we’re here!
Are You A Candidate For IPL Hair Removal? – Call Us On 01494 865005